Pages

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Cooking Thursday

I have another apple recipe for you today.  It's apple crisp and if you don't already have a favorite, I will tell you this is a good one.  I've been using this recipe for years.  The apples are sweet and tender and the topping is nice and crunchy.

Apple Crisp

8 large apples, sliced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup melted butter

Spread apples in greased 9x13 pan.  Combine cinnamon and brown sugar.  Sprinkle 1/2 of mix over apples.  Combine  white sugar, baking powder, flour and salt.  Mix with egg.
Spread mix over apples.  Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mix.
Drizzle melted butter over top.
Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until apples are tender.

8 comments:

Joyful said...

Great minds think alike. I just made some of this crisp earlier this week and then I made bread pudding as I was inspired by the weather and by seeing a chef on TV. Oh my such comfort foods. Enjoy your week. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mari, Thank you for the recipe. Apple Crisp would be very tasty one of these Autumn evenings. I hope to buy some apples at the orchard soon.
Thank you also for your prayers for Ella and her family.
Blessings,
Mildred

Hootin Anni said...

Yum!! These are one of my favorite things about Autumn...apples! And there are so many ways to enjoy their taste. This is a delicious recipe, I'm sure.

And the onion crates for your Wordless speaks volumes.

Sandi said...

Yum....

Linda said...

So amusing, I set the items out this morning to make a apple crisp, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.

Arlene G said...

This one is a winner for sure...I love me some apple crisp!!

Terri D said...

On my, I can almost smell this baking! So yummy!

Sally said...

Oh yes! That looks and sounds awesome, Mari. You always have such great recipes. :)

xoxo