Pages

Monday, September 4, 2017

A day in my life - September!

This is how I feel in the beginning of September.  Lots of people are rejoicing over pumpkins and cooler weather, and I'm thinking - "where did Summer go?" and "I'm not ready for cold weather!"
Oh well - it's here and I better get used to it, right?
Anyway, here's a little about my first day of September.

I had the day off and got to sleep in!  That's always a treat for me.

I got up a little after 8 and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes.  After getting ready and having breakfast and some quiet time, I started some wash and did a little clean up at home.

I had several errands to run, so I headed out the door about 10:30.

First stop was at the Hardware store to say hi to Bob and get a few keys made for work.



Then I stopped at work to drop the keys off and check up on a few things.


A stop for groceries was next.



I also stopped at a farm stand near my house.  I love being able to pick up fresh fruits and veggies this time of year!



This little guy looked kind of cute (at least for a bug), sitting on the tomatoes.




It was a beautiful day!  The sun was shining, the sky was blue and it was 72 degrees.  I took the back roads home and enjoyed farm country!



When I got home I put away groceries, cleaned the kitchen and finished the wash.  I love the smell of fresh towels!



Bob got home around 4 and after he changed we went out for supper.  We went to a place called 'The Dungeon' which is well known around here for their burritos.  I had a half dungeon burger and it was good as always!


After that we went to Lowe's and picked up the rest of the flooring for our bathroom which was finally in!


Laura and Aaron are getting ready to put a new roof on and Laura had asked for some help with colors, so we made a stop there.  Aaron and Bob were playing with the girls while we pondered the color situation!



The girls were having fun just running around the yard.





Alaina saying good-bye to Bob.  She wanted to keep his hat.   :)


On the way home I got a text asking me to stop at the nursing home.  The activity girl had burned the popcorn, setting off the fire alarm.  The fire department had been there but couldn't get all the alarms turned off!  By the time we got there the alarms were silenced and they were just waiting for the alarm system people to show up and reset them.  It's never boring there!

Then it was home, and time to relax for the rest of the evening.  Another good day the Lord blessed me with!

12 comments:

Joyful said...

You had a busy day. Isn't it nice to have a day of after working all week. I'm glad you got to sleep in and get caught up on a lot of errands as well as spending time with family.

Though I've been posting about how hot it was here this summer, I was just telling someone yesterday how I didn't suffer in the heat like I normally would except for one or two days. This year I probably stayed in a lot more to avoid the hot sun and that probably had a lot to do with it. I just heard on the television weather report that we will get cooler temperatures by Friday. Though I love the Fall when the crisp air hits I do not like the very cold temperatures. One reason why I live where I do. The weather is moderate compared to the rest of the country though each year the weather gets more extreme.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Sally said...

Mari, I always enjoy your 'first of the month' reports. You sure did have a busy day! As always, I enjoy seeing the little ones. They're growing right before our eyes. So, so cute. :)

xoxo

Dianna said...

sounds like a wonderful day off. you got a lot accomplished! thank you for sharing.

Amy at love made my home said...

A very busy start to September!

Linda said...

Its always a great day when one gets to visit the grandkids, smiles. Thanks for sharing...and Family Fare is new to me, smiles.

Arlene G said...

Mari you astound me with your busy days! Could you send me some of that energy??? 😄 Hoping the cold weather holds off and we can enjoy fall.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

A day off is always good, but you were so busy that you surely didnt get that much rest. It is always a good feeling to be caught up! Those cute little girls always seem to have fun wherever or whatever they are doing.

Jenny said...

See, I'm alway so eager for and excited about September! Although it's still hot here, the humidity backs off a trifle and that makes all the difference. Of course, unlike you, I know won't see any "real" cold during the winter -- or it we do, it won't be for long. Your day off sounds wonderfully ordinary. I love to see the girls goofing off outside in the grass, being kids. xoxo

Cherdecor said...

I am a whole lot like you. I am not anxious to see summer go. I don't think I have ever looked forward to fall and winter. Maybe it is because I live in the Midwest. To remedy all that sadness, I put up a lot of fall color and that seems to help.....a little.

I enjoyed your post about your day. I always like to see where you go even if it is to the basement. :) Every time I read your post about your day, I think, I should do that, but somehow it never works for me. Thanks for sharing your day.

Jennifer Hays said...

I love these posts, Mari. It looks like you had a very good day. I didn't realize Bob worked at True Value. We have one right down the street and we love it so much. We try to buy almost everything there to help them stay in business. There are a few things we can't get and then we have to go to Lowe's, but we try to avoid it if we can. I'm glad everything was okay at your work with the fire alarm. In our first house, someone put the smoke alarm directly outside of the kitchen for some reason and I was constantly setting off when I was a young wife with zero cooking abilities. It's funny to look back on it now, but at the time I was so embarrassed. :)

Doris said...

You get a lot accomplished in your day. I love these first day posts!

Terri D said...

Any day that includes time with those sweet girls is a good day!! I am always impressed that you actually use your treadmill!! You go, girl!! :)