Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2016

A Day in my Life

It's April!  Hope April 1 was a good day for you.  Here's how I spent my day.

I had the day off and got to sleep in and have a leisurely morning.  I had a cold so it was a nice morning for that!


I did a few loads of laundry - it never ends, right?



I had some bananas that were getting brown, so I made a few loaves of banana bread.  While it was baking I did some cleaning around the house.




It was a cloudy morning, and wasn't too warm - 44 degrees.  I wandered around the yard and saw these signs of Spring.  The daffodils are almost ready to open and the wild violets are blooming in our wooded areas.


We have a few family weddings coming up in the next month and I needed something to wear.  I went to our local mall and had a successful shopping trip!



Then it was time to do the weekly grocery shopping.



On the way home I took my dirty car through the car wash.  It looks much better!



When Bob got home, we went out for supper with some friend, and afterward spent some time at their house.  It was a fun evening and a productive day!

14 comments:

Doris said...

These monthly 'day in your life' posts seem to roll around quickly! I do enjoy reading them.
Our daffodils are almost finished and the tulips are getting closer to blooming now.
My dil made banana bread last week for the same reason as you :)
It's always nice to have a shopping trip be successful, isn't it?

Sandi said...

That banana bread looks good. You may have inspired me...

Jean said...

No fair!! I want to see the results of that successful shopping trip!!

Anonymous said...

It seems that you don't waste your time. You are a hard worker. Mouth watering banana cake.We too use to buy groceries for a week and store them...

Joyful said...

You had a very productive day despite having a cold! Well done.

Linda said...

Loved the post, Mari...have a beautiful week ahead. Blessings

Terri D said...

I enjoy spending a day with you each month! You sure did accomplish a lot, and with a cold too?! I would have used that as an excuse to just stay home in bed! LOL Wishing you a good week ahead!

Arlene G said...

Sounds like a fun day. I have two weddings coming up. I need to think up a gift! TJ Maxx usually helps me in that department!

Amy at love made my home said...

It is always fun to see what you get up to on the first day of the month. It looks as though April was a busy but good day! xx

Sally said...

You had a busy and productive day. I'm sorry you have a cold, though. :)

xoxo

Jenny said...

See, if I'd had a cold? I wouldn't have gotten out of my jammies, much less gone to the mall. You are quite a productive woman. xoxo

Betsy Brock said...

What a nice day....very fun and productive, too!

Cherdecor said...

Your banana breads look delicious! I can smell them from here.

Your mall looks like the one I shop in. I feel like I am the only one shopping. I remember the days when they were so packed you could hardly walk. I guess everyone is shopping from QVC.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

These "day in the life" posts are so fun! Looks like a lovely day off. ;) I hope you're feeling better from your cold.

And that banana bread looked fabulous! xoxo