Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Ruby's new name

Laura and Aaron say they have given Ruby a new middle name.  They decided it should be danger.  Their last name is Ras, so that makes her Ruby Danger Ras - get it?  Dangerous!  LOL
Laura says she is attracted to danger and seems to have no fear.  This is quite a switch from Alaina who is often quite timid.
Here's a picture Laura sent me last week, showing Ruby in action.

She is standing on the table Bob made for her and Alaina, holding a pine cone she got from the Christmas decorations on the mantle, and is looking pleased as punch.  Laura said she held it out to her like "Here you go Mom.   I climbed up here to get this just for you!"
Laura says that she can hardly leave her without her getting into some type of trouble, which often involves climbing and falling.  She climbed the ladder of the bunk bed, all the way to the top when she was 11 months old.  She is now 14 months old and has used those months to get even better at climbing.
She also loves to tease Alaina.  She sneaks in and takes things Alaina is playing with.  As you can imagine, this does not go over too well, and there is often some fighting that ensues.
Her eyes sparkle with mischief and I must admit I love it.  I just pray she doesn't break anything on her wild adventures!

18 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Those two will have many fusses and fights, but that will bond them even more as they grow up...lots of fun, happy memories those two cuties will have.

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, my that is just too cute! Our Spencer was like that. He'd climb on furniture to unlock doors and let himself out and run away! He'd climb bookshelves, too. Crazy kid! Fun times ahead! haha.

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha, my eldest daughter used to constantly get into trouble like that. What am I saying ... she still does!

It's okay for you to love her being that way, you won't be dealing with it every day! Ha!

Beth Cotell said...

What a great name! And so cute!

Linda said...

I have to admit it, I am smiling and giggling...Ruby and Alaina make my day...thanks for sharing Mari. Blessings to you.

Sally said...

That little Ruby is the cutest! We have to keep both eyes on Jase also; he's forever getting into trouble. :)

My daughter, when she was about two, climbed the ladder up onto the roof where my dad was. He was totally shocked, and just carefully walked toward her.

xoxo

Arlene G said...

How cute!! None of my kids were climbers but I had a nephew who was! Once my SIL found him ON TOP of the fridge!! He is in his 30s now so he made it to adulthood and is a wonderful husband and father. lol That Ruby is such a cutie pie. I wish I had hair like hers.

Anonymous said...

how cute!!!!

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwww, grandma....she's just exploring and learning. I know, I know, that's coming from me at a distance, and I understand your concern.

Ruby D....has a ring to it don't you think? [insert wink]

She's so adorable, and growing so fast!!! Sibling rivalry....heck, me and my sister have that bond still today. rofl

Jenny said...

Oh, dear ... Ruby the Rapscallion. Typical second child, sounds like. I love her joie de vivre. BTW Dagny has become exceedingly sneaky. She's the incarnation of "If it gets too quiet, you'd better go and check what she's up to." The other day while Audrey was trying to work on her computer, Dag quietly took the big baby powder from her changing table. She then "hid" behind a trunk that serves as a coffee table and got busy shaking out a white cloud that you could see from across the street. Haaahahaha xoxo

Terri D said...

Oh dear...a girly girl and a little tomboy! There will definitely be some sparks along the way! It will be so much fun to watch this all unfold - and thanks for always giving us a peek!! Both girls are adorable!

White Lace and Promises said...

That's the second born baby right there. I was a second-born strong willed child, so is my son and my middle grandbaby. My son called last night and said, Cora is driving us crazy. I laughed. She is definitely my son's clone!

Amy at love made my home said...

She certainly sounds like quite a character!! Very sweet though! xx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

OH goodness she's beyond adorable!! And to hear she's a dickens makes her even more cute!! Prayers that her guardian Angel works over time though!! Lol


Blessings on your week my Friend. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ruby looks so proud of herself! I love her "new" middle name. My older brother was a lot like Ruby when he was little. Come to think of it, he still jumps off cliffs to go parasailing!

Cherdecor said...

I LOVE her! But I'm afraid that she will have to sit on the quiet seat one of these days. Hahaha! Poor Alaina! I remember Chad and Ben at those ages. Never a dull moment.

Terri said...

Oh I just love her!

Brenda said...

Good one!
Keeping Mom and Grandma on their toes. Definitely sounds like a little go-getter!