Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Reunited!

I hope you had as much fun this weekend as I did!  It started Thursday night with the delivery of an old friend.  Heather and Andrew were helping with a youth retreat for their church, so Oliver came for the weekend.   It's the first time he's been back since Heather and Andrew got married last February.

Heather and Andrew had barely left the house before Oliver was in his customary spot on Bob's lap.


It was my weekend off, so we got Alaina and Ruby Friday night to spend the night with us.  We had some good laughs on the way home because of funny things Alaina was saying.  Bob pulled out from their street, and had to hit the gas because of traffic.  From the back seat we hear "Hang on everybody!  Grandma, are you hanging on?  What are you hanging on to?"  A few minutes later - "Hurry up Grandpa, drive faster!"  and then "Concentrate Grandpa, you have to hurry!"  When we were getting a little closer to our house, she told us she would tell us when we were almost there because she would see the "hamburger van".  We had no idea what she was talking about and asked her.  She said it was by our house, "the van with the hamburger on it."   We were very curious to see what she was talking about.  When we turned onto our street she said "There it is, the hamburger van!"   The man on the corner has a camper, and it has a sunset logo on it.  We had to admit that it did look kind of like a hamburger.   :)

 Can you see the hamburger?  We'll be looking to see him serve some this summer!



 When we got home the playing started.


This Ruby is such a character!  She was such a difficult baby, but now she walks around with a smile on her face  and is just a ham.  This picture isn't sideways - she walked over to me, leaned way over and smiled.


 A little while later I found her crawling into the refrigerator...



 Sharing a snack of cheese and crackers.



 What?  Don't you watch tv this way?



 Trying to read some books before bed.



This is Saturday morning.  Oliver stayed well hidden on Friday, but we got him for a few minutes on Saturday.  Alaina couldn't wait to hold him and Ruby was beyond excited as she's never been here when he was here, since she was an infant.  Oliver didn't think it was a great idea though and was very happy when they left!
The girls went home on Saturday and Oliver was picked up on Sunday.  What fun we had!

19 comments:

Terri said...

i'm so glad the girls had their sleepover the same time as Oliver!

Betsy Brock said...

Well, that was all very fun! So good to see Oliver again!
And I see that hamburger....you'll never look at that camper the
same way again! haha...

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun these photos are! I remember how Alaina would love on Oliver before Heather married/moved. That Ruby continues to climb, I see!!! So happy you enjoyed the weekend. Have a great day!

Beth Cotell said...

Ha! It DOES look like a hamburger!!!

Hootin Anni said...

Time with those girls, I'm sure it HAD to be fun.

Yes, I do 'see' where she sees a hamburger on the camper. Keen eye.

And poor Oliver...he's so sweet. I bet that was good to have him for company too.

Heather said...

I am so glad that Oliver could be there the same time as the girls. I knew Alaina would be so happy to see him again. We so appreciate you watching him!

Alaina is right; it does look like a hamburger!

That Ruby is such a little cutie. It does not surprise me at all that you found her climbing in the fridge!

I'm glad you had a great weekend. I'll be posting about our weekend soon!

Arlene G said...

Well I thought it was a hamburger too Mari!! Isnt it amazing how these little ones notice things??

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness, the fun you all had with your three visitors!! I thought the sunset was a hamburger, too!! How cute that she saw it that way and remembered it as a landmark! Those girls are adorable.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Those two little girls make me smile. I loved Ruby's 'pigtails, or dog ears' that were sticking straight up. Her smile could light a room, and precious Alaina is growing so fast and just as cute as can be. I dont think Oliver was quite as happy as the girls! lol

Amy at love made my home said...

How lovely!!! I expect that Oliver was exhausted after all of that playing with the girls! xx

Sally said...

awe~how fun! I love seeing their pictures; it's always delightful. I'm still smiling about Ruby's hair too! Alaina sure is a smart little girl. The hamburger truck; so funny!

I talked to Rylan for a moment today; she wanted to tell me "I hope you're having a happy holiday!" Britt told me she was eating a valentine cookie. :)

xoxo

Doris said...

Adorable kids! And such a pretty cat! What a happy time you had....thanks for sharing!

Connie said...

You guys are just having too much fun...lol

Sylvia said...

What fun to see pics of the girls and Oliver! Special little girls they are. I miss those sleepovers with the grandchildren

Cherdecor said...

Oliver looks so contented on Bob's lap. I bet he thought he was back to where he belonged until those two little girls came in. He didn't forget Alaina and how she would drag him around.

The hamburger van? Why would anyone put a hamburger on a trailer if they were not going to sell hamburgers, then I magnified it. Oh yeah. I am with Alaina. It still looks like a hamburger.

We have a picture of Dylan standing in the refrigerator. He was a little character too when he was a baby. He has grown up to be a fine young man. So has Ruby! It is just a phase they go through.

Jenny said...

Well it sure looks like a hamburger to me. And now I know what we're having for supper. Alaina saying "concentrate" just cracks me up. And good girl Ruby, always seeking a higher plane ... and getting in on the cheese and cracker action. As for Oliver ... poor guy, haaahaha. xoxo

Jean said...

So much fun! Alaina's humor reminds me so much of Sammy's. And Ruby's antics definitely remind me of Bianca's! Sam and Jenn's cat seldom shows her face when we're there on weekends. I'm sure she's so relieved when we leave.

Just A Southern Girl said...

Ruby's straight-up pigtails in the last photo made me smile so big :) She's such a cutie!
Poor Oliver! hahaha
Sounds like a very fun weekend :)

Laura said...

So funny! Grandpa is basically a piece of playground equipment how they just climb all over him! :) No wonder they were so tired when they got back - they had lots of fun as always!