Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

New Years Eve

We've been seeing in the New Year with Bob's brother and SIL, Tom and Bonnie, for quite a few years now.  We used to have our kids , theirs and a few cousins too, but the kids are grown up and now it's just us 4.  We usually go out for supper, then go to one of our homes and spend time together till the ball drops.
This year we did something a little different.  Tom had this idea that since we had the whole evening we should go to a few different places to eat. So - we went to Applebees for appetizers, a local Italian place for pizza, and then to a restaurant in our town for dessert. We took our time at each place, so we didn't get too full or feel rushed.

I didn't think to take pictures until or last stop, but here's a picture of my yummy dessert!

Here's the four of us having a good time.

By the time we finished here and came to our house, it was 10:00.  We chatted and then had a midnight toast of sparkling juice to bring in the new year.  Then it was off to bed since I had to work in the morning.
What a fun night!

24 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That does sound like a lot of fun and the desert looks delicious. Cute picture of you all! Have a great week.

Betsy Brock said...

That's a very fun idea! Your dessert looks yummy!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Sounds like a really good way to bring in the New Year!

LL Cool Joe said...

That sounds like a great idea, but my days of eating a three course meal are way behind me! The most I can ever eat are 2, and in the States one! An Applebee's starter is enough to last me a whole day! :D

Linda said...

That dessert looks go good...thanks for sharing, what a great photo of you!!!

Terri D said...

What a fun idea!! Joe and I were so tired from all the holiday running we did that we were in bed by 10:30. Your dessert looks yummy! Sounds like you may have started a new tradition!

Unknown said...

How fun! I love the idea of going to separate places for each part of dinner! I bet this was a lot of fun!

Changes in the wind said...

I have heard of doing this as a group and going house to house but never thought about going from business to business.

Beth Cotell said...

What a great idea!!! Happy New Year!!

Beth Cotell said...

What a great idea!!! Happy New Year!!

Arlene G said...

How fun Mari. That sounds like a progressive dinner in restaurants.

Anonymous said...

What a fun evening. Great photo of the four of you. Dessert would have been my favorite course!

Heather said...

I have always thought that would be fun, but I think Andrew would end up eating most of my food. I don't think I would be able to eat much!

Sally said...

Mari, that sounds like the PERFECT way to celebrate the new year, and I hope it will be a great one as well. :)

xoxo

Patsy said...

WOW! I think I may talk The Bennie in to this for our anniversary.
Sounds fun to me.

Sandi said...

OH-EM-GEE, that dessert!

Cherdecor said...

That is a wonderful idea! Glad you had a great time.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What a fun idea and way to ring in the New Year! I'm slowly getting caught back up into life - sorry I haven't been by to visit recently. Dealing with some health issues, but hopeful I'll be back on track soon.
Blessings to you and Bob for 2016!! xoxo

Jenny said...

That all sounds divine. I would have loved going to three restaurants in one night. TG and I sat home and barely spoke, although we were in the same room. No; we're not feuding. Just tapped out. Too much spending, celebrating, eating, visiting, planning, organizing, cleaning, cooking, et cetera.

I enjoyed my silent night new years eve. xoxo

Nancy said...

I love traditions like you're talking about. Year after year of getting together makes lots of good memories....By the way, your desert looks yummy....

Amy at love made my home said...

What a great idea! A lovely way to see the new year in! xx

Apple MacBook Laptop HD Wallpaper said...

I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. Good Job.



Laura said...

That sounds like a fun idea!

HD Wallpapers said...

Your blog is very impressive and have the useful information it is really caught my attention.