Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing today is one of our favorites.  It's chicken enchiladas, made with a white sauce instead of the usual red sauce.  It can be put together, baked and be on the table in one hour, and it tastes so good!


White Chicken Enchiladas

2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounce can of diced green chilies, with juice
3/4 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
2 cups shredded, cheddar cheese, divided
10 large flour tortillas
1/3 cup milk

Melt butter; add onion and garlic and saute. Stir in green chilies, sour cream and soup. Remove 3/4 cup of sauce and set aside. Add chicken and 1/2 cup of cheese. Fill tortillas with chicken mix and roll up. Place in greased 9X13 pan, seam side down.
Add milk and 1/2 cup cheese to remaining sauce. Pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Serve with green onions, sour cream and salsa if desired.

15 comments:

Sally said...

I'm definitely going to keep this recipe; sounds so good. Looks good too! :)

xoxo

Betsy Brock said...

I have never made these....they sound really good!

sara said...

I have this recipe...very good!!!

Cherdecor said...

It looks good to me. I like Enchiladas.

Heather said...

I love this recipe! It's one I make fairly often, although I usually make more of the sauce than it calls for. I like them to be nice and creamy.

Arlene G said...

Mari, I always look forward to your recipes. We loved the Pasta Bake and I think it will become a family favorite.

Terri D said...

I have a folder with so many of your recipes in it. This one will join it!! Sounds delicious!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Another goodie!

Jennifer Hays said...

One of my favorite recipes! I love to make these enchiladas. My family can eat the whole pan in one sitting. Thanks for sharing, Mari. I think more people need to try this recipe! :)

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! I have heard of white sauce with enchiladas, but never made it. Again, another wonderful recipe for me to copy and put in my cookbook.
I think I'm going to get fat this winter! But what a way to go :)
Blessings,
Ceil

Patsy said...

Good cooking going on, hope you had a good day!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I have pinned a few like this Mari - sounds SO good!! I'm going to keep this one for sure. thanks for sharing! xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

I do enjoy a good enchilada! xx

Anonymous said...

Another great recipe you have shared.
Hope your upcoming weekend is a good one.

Jenny said...

Mercy. I may have to copy this one down too. xoxo