Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Cooking Thursday

Last week I made a turkey breast for supper, and ended up with quite a bit of turkey and mashed potatoes left over. I did an internet search to see what I could do with them and found this recipe that had lots of good comments.  Because I was using leftovers, it was quick and easy to throw together.  We thought it was good, but the next time I make it, I think I'll skip the cheese because it was quite rich.  Just my opinion!  Anyway, this one would work well after Thanksgiving Day.



Turkey Potato Casserole

1 pound cooked, shredded turkey (or chicken)
1 onion, chopped
1 can green beans, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
4 cups prepared mashed potatoes

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  
Place turkey on the bottom of a 9x13 pan or a large casserole dish. Top with onion, then green beans.  Spread soup over beans, then sprinkle with cheese.  Place mashed potatoes over top and spread to cover. 
Bake for 45 minutes until heated through.

15 comments:

sara said...

this sounds and looks delicious!!! comfort food!!!

Arlene G said...

We had your pasta bake tonight and it was so good!! I am trying to make something new each Wednesday.

Sally said...

I love that; it looks really good. Made something similar but chicken with carrots and potatoes with mushroom soup. We all liked it. Yours sounds better though. :)

xox

Hootin Anni said...

I'm the 'odd' one in our family; loving leftovers. And this looks abso-bloody delicious!!!! For me, the more cheese the merrier. Even tho it's not all that healthy.

Yum Mari!! Glad you shared this idea.

Linda said...

Yummy!!! Thanks for sharing Mari. Have a beautiful day, friend.

Anonymous said...

This sounds good and I believe I'll leave out the cheese too.
We had sleet and snow yesterday but it is in the 40's this a.m.

Changes in the wind said...

MMMM that does sound good....

Terri D said...

Yum!! Like a turkey pot pie! Thanks for sharing!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I am not a green bean eater, but everything else sounds good and love to make things with left overs, rather than throwing them out. Thanks for sharing this one. Have a great day!

Patsy said...

Thanks , looks good--need something to do for left over turkey.

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! Good for you to skip the cheese next time, but I would leave it in. I love cheese! A nice sharp cheddar would set off the turkey flavors well, I think.
You are just a master of timing. You have a demanding job, you are a wonderful grandma, and you cook such yummy things! Your husband is blessed indeed.
Happy Thursday!
Ceil

Amy at love made my home said...

Sort of like a turkey shepherds pie I guess, glad that you enjoyed it! A great way to use up what you had as well. xx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This would be a perfect nice easy after Thanksgiving meal! ;)
xoxo

Jenny said...

Ingenious and scrumptious, by my reckoning. I'd leave the cheese in, haahaha. xoxo

Cherdecor said...

I have a turkey breast to thaw this weekend and this recipe looks so good for the left overs. I love comfort food.