Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Cooking Thursday

Here's a recipe for a pasta dish that is about as easy to throw together as spaghetti, but is much less messy to eat and I think it tastes better! 
Excuse the picture, it doesn't do it justice.  :)

Two Timin' Pasta Bake
1 box penne pasta
15 ounce jar alfredo sauce
24 ounce jar marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to directions on box and drain.
Stir together 2 jars of sauce.  Add mozzarella and stir to combine, then stir in the pasta and toss to coat.
Pour into 9x13 baking pan and place in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until bubbly.   Sprinkle Parmesan over all and return to oven for another 5 minutes.
That's all there is to it - enjoy!

13 comments:

Jenny said...

Well the picture looks pretty good to me and the recipe sounds great. I'm trying this because I know my family will love it. Thanks, Mari! xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

I do like a good pasta bake! xx

Dee said...

Pasta and cheese... oh yeah. That's a winning combination for me.
Hugs... :)

Linda said...

Oh my...now that looks good...thank you Mari. Have a beautiful day, friend.

Cherdecor said...

That looks and sounds really good especially when it is so cold outside.

Hootin Anni said...

ANYthing pasta has to be good!!! Well, heck, 'bout now....any food looks good. I'd best go make me some drab oatmeal now to satiate my craving for some creamy pasta dish.

Arlene G said...

I will have to try this one Mari...looks delish. I never thought of mixing two sauces together.

Anonymous said...

Using both sauces is a unique idea and one that I would love. Thanks so much. Have a nice day.

Sally said...

I've not ever had marina sauce! Definitely going to put this recipe into my computer and try it some time when the kids are coming over. Thanks, Mari, you always have the best recipes. :)

xoxo

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! This looks like comfort food at its best. Pasta and cheese. Yummm! I bet it makes the house smell amazing too.
I might add a little plate of garlic bread to serve with this too :)
Ceil

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This sounds so yummy and comfort pasta at it's weeknight best! Fast, easy, filling and tasty. Thanks for sharing Mari!! Blessings. xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love pasta anything, and that dish looks and sounds good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Terri D said...

I think that sounds SO good!!