Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

100!

One of the sweet ladies at the nursing home celebrated a milestone birthday last week.  She turned 100 years old!  It's incredible to think of the things she has seen in her lifetime.  She is now confined to a wheelchair, but has maintained her sweet disposition and smile, and is loved by all of us.
To commemorate this day, we had a 'Celebrate S day'!  Our activity director made up signs with her picture, that said "I'm 100!  Wish me Happy Birthday" and she hung them all over the nursing home.


  There were also signs like this.  (I took her name off because of privacy rules)



 There were lots of balloons...



and flowers.



 There was cake to eat, and this cute smartie cake.



There was even a happy birthday headband for her to wear.


Along with all of the other cards she received, was this one which came from The White House.

It was a fun day and she enjoyed a whole day of celebrating!

14 comments:

Arlene G said...

How lovely!! Yall are so sweet to do this for her.

Betsy Brock said...

I can't imagine living that long...good for her! And how fun to have your entire home join in the celebration!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I know you work hard, but it is so nice to have fun now and then too, and it helps make the work not so bad after all.

Amy at love made my home said...

How wonderful!!! xx

Linda said...

I didn't know the White House still did that, how cool is that.

Happy 100th Birthday, "S".

Terri D said...

An amazing milestone birthday that should certainly be celebrated in a big way! How great that your staff went above and beyond to make sure she felt special all day long! Thanks for sharing the fun with us!

(I hope, if I am ever blessed to advance to those higher years, that a Republican is in office so my card can be appreciated by me....LOL!!) I think the White House does that for anyone 90 and above. Pretty special. I believe they also will send anniversary wishes 50 and over.

Changes in the wind said...

I am so happy you take such good care of your patients...what a great day.

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! Your place of work seems like such a nurturing, happy place! We were just talking this weekend about how it's becoming more and more commonplace to have people living to 100. There were many comments about not wanting to live that long...I suppose because of the hardships physically.

Bless you all for being a bright light in this woman's day! What a cool card from the Obama's too. My husband's aunt is 99. I wonder if she'll get a card?
Blessings,
Ceil

Sally said...

How wonderful! You guys are so sweet to have done this for her. My grandmother lived to l04 1/2 and my uncle (her son) to 105. I have a feeling one of my cousins (son of my uncle) will live that long also.

Congratulations to your friend.

xoxo

Jennifer Hays said...

Oh, how wonderful! I love that you threw such a lovely party for her. She must have been thrilled. What an amazing milestone. The oldest person I've ever known personally was 94. I find it so interesting to talk to really old people, they have lots of stories to tell. Thanks for sharing S's party with us, Mari. Hope you have a good week.

Patsy said...

What a happy day for her,what wonderful people you are.

Anonymous said...

oh wow that's incredible!!! i bet it was one more party!!

Cherdecor said...

To be 100 years old is one thing but to still be able to smile, is amazing. You threw a great party for her. I am sure that she went to sleep that night with an even bigger smile on her face.

Jenny said...

How thrilling for her! Reaching the age of 100 is just amazing. I can't imagine. She is a brave soul and I hope she enjoyed every moment of her birthday. Y'all really went the extra mile in celebrating her life. xoxo