Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2015

I'm back!

I've been on a blog break for about 3 weeks - the longest I've ever been away from here!  I've visited most of you, but in trying to limit my computer time, I've not commented much.  Thanks to those of you who checked in to be sure I was ok.  :)
It's been a busy 3 weeks, but I still have lots to get done.
We've had several Christmas parties, and I bet most of you have too.  Here's a few photos from them.
The first party was my Dad's family party.  He comes from a family of 10 kids, 7 are still living.  My Dad is 84, he has one brother older than him, the other 5 are younger.  As you can imagine, when this family gathers, it's a big bunch!

 Alaina was enjoying supper...


Ruby was happy to see everyone and was hamming it up!


 All the kids enjoy playing ball after supper.  Alaina was really getting into the game.




 While she was playing, Ruby was relaxing.
It was good to see all the relatives again - we had a nice evening!


A few days later we had Bob's family party.
 This is Bob's Mom and step-dad.


 Bob enjoyed a little time with Ruby.


 Here's Laura holding the newest addition to the family - baby Marcus who is not even 2 weeks old. Alaina loved him and wanted to take him home.

Here's the rest of the great-grandkids, minus 3 little ones.
It was another good day, with time to reconnect with family!

20 comments:

Connie said...

So ice to have everyone together. Nice to see you back.

Terri D said...

So good to see you back here! It really was a long absence! Those two little girls are so precious! Big family celebrations are just the best.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Welcome back Mari! Hope you had a wonderful rest and love seeing what you've been up to with your beautiful family! ;) Blessings on your beautiful holiday season. xoxo

Hootin Anni said...

It's good to see you're back...and sharing the love!

Ruby's eyes are so captivatingly blue!!!

Linda said...

It is wonderful to you have you back...been wondering where you been and checked in here often...thank you for sharing...how in the world did y'all get Alaina's hair like that? Beautiful. Many Holiday Blessings to you, friend.

Arlene G said...

I missed you Mari...so glad you are back!! And Ruby's hair is laying down!!:) Loved Alaina's braid..so pretty. It looks like you are having a good Christmas Season.

Betsy Brock said...

Sounds like you had a nice few weeks! We are up to our necks in Christmas parties! haha....looks like you had some fun ones!

Changes in the wind said...

Glad to know all is well.

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back Mari! I was getting worried, but I also know how crazy it is this time of year! Looks like a fabulous time with family. I love Ruby's eyes!

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh what a fun time! Love Alaina's hair Who did it? That little blue eyed Ruby is just a doll baby too! What fun with the family!

Jennifer Hays said...

Welcome back, Mari! It's good to see you and know you're doing well. The parties sound like lots of fun. It must have been nice to get together with everyone. I liked seeing Alaina and Ruby too. They're both getting very big. I hope you have a good week!

Brooke said...

welcome back!
Alaina's braid is so cute!!

Sally said...

So happy to see you, Mari. Girl, y'all have been busy. I enjoyed the photo's. As glad as I am to see you, loved seeing Alaina and Ruby also. They are so, so cute!

xoxo

Patsy said...

Glad you are back, know you worked hard to help with all the great party's.
What fun to have a big family.

Amy at love made my home said...

What a wonderful time you have been having! It looks like so much fun! xx

Cherdecor said...

I figured that you were partying most of the time. I bet you have more to come. Alaina and Ruby look so happy to be with their relatives. It is good times for them.

Jenny said...

Well I missed you like crazy. About time you blogged, haahaha I know you've nothing else to do. SO the blue of Ruby's eyes and that gorgeous hair on Alaina ... eighth and ninth wonders of the world. Also tell Aaron I totally caught him looking at Laura with baby Marcus. He be like, don't be getting any ideas. haaahahaha xoxo

Doris said...

Welcome back!
Your Grands are so adorable! Family gatherings are wonderful. We don't get together (my parents' families, that is) at Christmas anymore. Can you believe that Christmas is next week?!!

Jean said...

Oh Mari, your little girls are just the cutest!!! I love that they are getting to know their cousins. That's the great thing about our summer gatherings with my family and Dick's - that the children can keep in touch with their many cousins even though they live so far apart.

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous photos of your little ones and nice to see the family enjoying fellowship this Christmas.