Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Cooking Thursday

A few weeks ago we had pizza for supper and Bob came up with an idea for a different type of pizza.  It sounded good so I tried it and we really liked it.  Plus - it was so easy to make!
For more recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

Crescent Roll Pizza

1 tube Pillsbury crescent rolls (I used Recipe Creations - no perforations)
1 can pizza sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of your choice

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll out crescent roll dough onto cookie sheet. Press out any perforations.
Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven. Dough will be very lightly browned.
Spread pizza sauce over crust and sprinkle cheese over top. 
Place pizza toppings of your choice on cheese.  Bake for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is browned.

13 comments:

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! So which one did you like the most?
I wasn't aware of a Recipe Creations type, so now I'll use that for recipes like this. What a great idea!

And of course, you can put all kinds of toppings on this. Great idea hubby!
Blessings,
Ceil

Sola Scriptura said...

We don't have "crescent rolls" here. What is it? Your pizza looks delicious!

Bethany Carson said...

Looks delicious and easy-to-make!

Unknown said...

Anything made from crescent rolls is good. I keep a couple of tubes of them on hand at all times. This recipe is a keeper for sure!

Betsy Brock said...

I think I would like not having to press all those little perforations together! Nice!

Terri D said...

Excellent!! I need to look for the kind without the perforations! I keep biscuits and pizza dough on hand - will look for this, too!

Michelle said...

Crescent roll dough does make excellent pizza crust!

Stephanie said...

Oh yummy! I might have to run to the grocery store this morning to get the needed ingredients - my son and I would love this for lunch :)

Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely day

Sally said...

Wow - I so wish I had the ingredients on hand; I'd make one today! Looks so very good. :)

Terra said...

How clever; I had not heard of that as a pizza dough.

Cherdecor said...

I am glad that I just had pizza for lunch or I would be salivating right now. Mine was Gluten Free, of course.

Jennifer Hays said...

I love making pizza this way! Another nice, easy one is to use Grands biscuits, rolled out thinly, and then the crust puffs up and is all buttery like a deep-dish pizza.

Amy at love made my home said...

Simple! Sandra has some great recipe ideas, but so do you too! xx