Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

A night with Alaina

Last week we had Alaina overnight, and it happened to fall on an evening that Bob was working late.  She loves to play with Grandpa, but this time it was just she and I.
We did stop at the Hardware store to say hi, which made her and Grandpa both happy!

 We had supper at Burger King.  She loves a burger and fries!


Then we went to a local greenhouse.  I've posted about this one before - it's just huge!  People come from all over the state to get flowers in the Spring.  It's not nearly as busy this time of year, so we stopped and played for awhile in their outside play area.


 Steering the train!


 There were a lot of fun train cars to play on.


 And a gorilla to sit on!


Such a fun tunnel!  After this she played on the swings and slides, before we went into the greenhouse.

 Look at all those pumpkins and gourds. They had a huge selection and Alaina helped me pick some our for our front step. (she's getting to the age where she makes funny faces instead of a nice smile when I ask her to smile!)


After we got home, she had a bath and got on her pj's, then Grandpa came home!  He's good at playing and reading books.  :)
We had a fun time and we're looking forward to her next visit.

18 comments:

sara said...

she is so sweet! Love the pictures!

Betsy Brock said...

What a fun time! I love that greenhouse...my boys would, too!

Sally said...

Looks and sounds like THE perfect day and night with that little sweetie. She's so adorable! :)

Amy at love made my home said...

Sounds like a lovely evening!! xx

Hootin Anni said...

My goodness....an ever growing, sweet one she is. She's growing up so quickly!! All filled with adventure and curiosity. I so loved this post. Why, she was even dressed in Fall colors.

Unknown said...

She is such a precious little girl and I know you love spending time with her. Did you finally get some pumpkins?

Beth Cotell said...

What a sweet time! Love all the pictures of her. Looks like you are having some beautiful fall weather!

Sola Scriptura said...

You're making such wonderful memories with her!
Have a wonderful week!

Cherdecor said...

That Alaina is so cute and I love seeing her personality come through once in a while. I like her funny faces. What a cutie!

Kerin said...

So precious.
How lucky you are to have a sweet Grand like Alaina :)

Linda said...

You know, Mari, you just know how to make a girl smile..thank you..Blessings

Just A Southern Girl said...

She's getting so big!
That looks like a very fun place to take little ones. I'll have to remember that, and maybe take Simon there one day :)
Just love that last picture of her and Bob. So sweet!

White Lace and Promises said...

I am so sorry that I'm just getting around to reading your posts. I can't believe I missed so much. Looks like a great time with Alaina. What a cute place. Looks like a little playground to me. What fun! Love the photo with her in the pumpkins. The one with the Mr. reading to her is a treasure for sure! I like all your recent post but had to comment on this one. Have a great day!

Jenny said...

Burger and fries, high five to that smart little gal. And that play area is completely awe-inspiring. My grandkids would freak out. Autumn is the most fun time!!!! xoxo

Jennifer Hays said...

What a nice time you all had. She is getting really big. Her new baby sister should be here soon, yes? I'm so glad you're able to spend this time with Alaina, she'll always remember it.

Terri D said...

She is so adorable, Mari. And the pumpkin photo is a must-have each year! Glad you all had such a nice time!

Jean said...

I think she could have gotten lost in that pile of pumpkins - her clothes so totally matched them! I'm sure she'll be hanging out with you some more after the new baby arrives.

Laura said...

She had a great time and is so proud of her pumpkin on the front steps!