Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cooking Thursday

We had our small group from church over last week.  I served these apple dumplings and everyone loved them.  I got the recipe a few years ago from the Pioneer Woman - everything she makes is good!  Anyway, this is a simple way to make apple dumplings and I know you'll like them too.
For more recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

 
 
Apple Dumplings
2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love PW, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will try this soon.
Hope you have a good night.

Betsy Brock said...

Lauren was telling me about this recipe and how yummy it was!

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, and that reminds me, I have a bag of apples in the 'fridge that needs tending to and I told Bud I'd make some dumplings with them. Thanks for the reminder. I bet your special treat was a big hit with your church group.

Unknown said...

I need to give that recipe a try for sure. Hubby loves apples prepared anyway.

Linda said...

Yummy!!! I like that show too. Blessings

Brooke said...

MIL has cooked this before and YUM!!!

Jennifer Hays said...

Yum, they sound delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Connie said...

This recipe sounds so good.

Sola Scriptura said...

It looks like a really good comfort food! I could just eat one now :)

Jenny said...

Oooooh these are so good.

Cherdecor said...

I'll tell you a funny story about these. I made these a few years ago when I bought PW recipe book. I made them for a neighbor. My neighbor was never known to be a great cook, but she wanted this recipe. She made pan after pan of this recipe. Now, in her extended family, she is hailed as the greatest cook EVER! She is not allowed to attend any family dinner unless she brings a pan full of these apple crescent dumplings. So funny! I smile every time she tells me that she took another pan to a dinner.

Cherdecor said...

I'll tell you a funny story about these. I made these a few years ago when I bought PW recipe book. I made them for a neighbor. My neighbor was never known to be a great cook, but she wanted this recipe. She made pan after pan of this recipe. Now, in her extended family, she is hailed as the greatest cook EVER! She is not allowed to attend any family dinner unless she brings a pan full of these apple crescent dumplings. So funny! I smile every time she tells me that she took another pan to a dinner.