Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cooking Thursday

I've posted this recipe before, but it's been a few years. It's a favorite at Christmas so I thought I would share it again, so my newer readers would see it. This is the best caramel corn ever! It's so easy to make, and I love it because there are no hard kernels or hulls in it. Try it yourself - I know you'll agree!



Best Ever Caramel Corn

2 bags Jays Corn Puffs
2 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Pour bags of corn puffs into a turkey roaster pan.
In a deep sauce pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla.
Bring mix to boil over medium heat. Once it begins boiling, boil for 2 minutes. (Don't over boil)
Remove from heat and stir in baking soda; the mix will become foamy.
Slowly pour half the mix over the corn puffs and stir gently. Then pour remaining mix over corn puffs and stir to coat fully.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Dump entire contents onto wax paper to cool completely. Break apart and store in airtight container.

13 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

yum....i find caramel corn addicting! No seeds or hulls...not that is very interesting! I'll have to try this...I always get a little piece of hull stuck in my gums!

Donna B. said...

Sounds yummy….but with hubby a diabetic, I best not make this because he could not resist…and neither could I!

Unknown said...

I dont think I have ever seen Jay's Corn Puffs here, but it does sound good.

Linda said...

Yum!! I bet the guys would love this. Thanks for sharing. Blessings

Hootin Anni said...

This looks and sounds so tasty!!! And so easy! Thank you.

Hootin Anni said...

...oops, I wanted to also say to you Mari, Merry Christmas!!

Terri D said...

I'm not familiar with Jay's Corn Puffs. Is is a cereal or a salty snack? I hope we have something similar, because this does sound good!!

Jennifer Hays said...

It looks delicious. Like some others, I don't think I've seen the corn puffs before but I think they may have something similar at Trader Joe's, so I will have a look next time. Thanks for the recipe.

sara said...

caramel corn is my weakness!

Mari said...

I make this exact caramel corn....and yes, it is the best!!

Cherdecor said...

I remember this strange recipe. Ha! Ha! I don't remember if I made it or not so I guess I will have to make it. (again)

Unknown said...

Problem is you can't stop eating it!!!

Jenny Woolf said...

Haha, I thought they were potatoes, and I thought, "oh, good, she has a recipe for potatoes".... oh well, maybe I should make corn instead :)

Have a great Christmas!