Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing today is one of our families all time favorites. Everyone likes it and it's an easy one to make.  Enjoy!



 Chicken Enchiladas

2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 ounce can of diced green chilies, with juice
3/4 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
2 cups shredded, cheddar cheese, divided
10 large flour tortillas
1/3 cup milk

Melt butter; add onion and garlic and saute. Stir in green chilies, sour cream and soup. Remove 3/4 cup of sauce and set aside. Add chicken and 1/2 cup of cheese. Fill tortillas with chicken mix and roll up. Place in greased 9X13 pan, seam side down.
Add milk and 1/2 cup cheese to remaining sauce. Pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Serve with green onions, sour cream and salsa if desired.

9 comments:

Jennifer Hays said...

I've made this same recipe too! I really liked it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am printing this off and trying it! I think my 17-year-old would love it (as well as all of the rest of us). Thanks for sharing.

Simone said...

Yum!!!

Hootin Anni said...

I just took out some chicken this morning so I can make some chicken enchiladas...ironic!!

Now I want the dinner hour to come all the more quicker....is that proper grammar? more quicker? Hmmmm.

Linda said...

YUM!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Raise Them Up said...

One of our favorite dinners! Sometimes I cook the chicken in the crockpot with some homemade salsa and then just whip them up and pop them in the oven when we get home. :)

Terri D said...

Those really look and sound good! Joe is finally starting to enjoy Mexican food. I just might have to give this a try!

Anonymous said...

I just ate breakfast, and now I'm drooling, lol!!

Jenny said...

Oh wow. Mouthwatering. I'm copying this one.