Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom!


Last week we celebrated Bob's moms 82nd birthday.  This year hasn't been easy on her.  She had a stroke and had to come to the nursing home for a few weeks for rehabilitation.  She maintained a good attitude though, and worked hard with therapy.  She has some difficulty with the use of one hand, but she doesn't complain and does amazingly well.
We all went out for supper to celebrate.  It was a surprise to her - she thought just a few of her kids were coming.  It's hard to get the whole group together with everyone's different schedules so this was really nice.


Here's the whole family; the 4 brothers and a few wives in the back, and the 2 sisters and me in the front.
The birthday girl is front and center.  You would never know she is 82 - she looks great!

Today is my Dad's birthday and he is 82 as well.  We have to plan a celebration for him yet and I'll share it with you when we have it.

God blessed both Bob and I with wonderful parents and we are so thankful to still have his Mom and my Dad in our lives.

15 comments:

Nancy said...

What a blessing for her to have her family with her to celebrate her birthday....great looking family.

Betsy Brock said...

happy birthday to both of them! She does look great...and young! What a great looking family!

Debbie Jones said...

How nice that you were all able to gather for your mom's birthday! She really does look great for 82. What a blessing that you still have her with you. Enjoy the week ahead.

Donna B. said...

I agree how special and precious family time is. Happy Birthday to both your Mother in Law (who does NOT LOOK LIKE SHE IS IN HER 80's) and your Dad. God Bless you and your entire family.

I am in CA with my family and will return home on the 12th.

Marsha Young said...

Mari - So glad you are blessed with such a great family - and still have two of your senior examples with you. :)

I was reminded in reading this that you work in a LTC facility. I have been singing in several recently and really enjoy connecting with those wonderful people - and hoping that should I one day be among them, I will have a nurse like you!
Blessings to you - Marsha

Brenda said...

What a nice looking family. You're right, she doesn't look 82. Amazing after what she's been through!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos and I wish them both a happy birthday.

Connie said...

A nice picture of everyone. You and Bob are indeed fortunate to have your Dad and Mom still with you. It is so special that they both found "new love" after the passing of their spouses.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for her to have the family around her.
Happy birthday to her and to your father.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to both of them.

She looks great your Mom for her age and she sure bounces back quickly. Bless her.

Nice looking family you have and a nice looking gal.( YOU! )


Huggies

LL Cool Joe said...

Happy Birthday to them both! It was mother's day here in the UK yesterday and we took out my parents and my mother-in-law for a meal and I felt lucky that we still have them all in our lives. My parents are in their early 80's too.

Unknown said...

What a blessing! She will always remember this and I know you all will too!

ancient one said...

Wonderful celebration. Wonderful family!

Raise Them Up said...

So glad everyone could get together! I know how difficult it can be to coordinate something like this. She looks wonderful for any age!

Pat said...

She looks wonderful! How wonderful to all celebrate together, family is so important, especially the old you get. It's your connection to all things love!