Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cooking Thursday


Do you like meatball subs?  We do too, so I was intrigued when I saw a recipe that claimed to have meatball sun flavor in a casserole form.  Heather and I really liked it, Bob said it was ok but felt the bread was a little soggy.  I think the bun of a meatball sub is a little soggy too and it goes with the territory.
Anyway- here's a unique casserole dish!
For more recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.


Meatball Sub Casserole

1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1" slices
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1-lb. pkg. frozen meatballs, thawed
28-oz. jar pasta sauce
1 c. water

 Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan; set aside. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings; spread over bread slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; set aside. Gently mix together meatballs, spaghetti sauce and water; spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


6 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

yum! It would be like eating a meatball sub with a fork! :)

Unknown said...

That looks like a good recipe. Thank you for testing these recipes to share with us.

Jenny said...

Sounds crazy good. Tell Bob to go whittle me a cute pirate and we girls'll take care of the leftovers.

Connie said...

This sounds so simple without the mess. I think meatball subs can be very messy.

Anita said...

Some day I will enjoy trying recipes like this one again - when my finicky oldest daughter goes off to college and when my carb-avoiding husband comes to his senses. It looks delicious to me!

Mommy Evolution said...

This looks yummy! Please share this at Weekend Kitchen Creations, www.weekendkitchencreations.blogspot.com. Join us, share your delicious creation and get other scrumptious ideas.