Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

It works!


Have you been to a Pampered Chef party lately? I hadn't until recently. When we talked about what our favorite items from Pampered Chef were, quite a few people hadn't heard of this one.
I got it from Pampered Chef about a year ago, and I use it all the time.
It's called a Mix and Chop. It has beveled blades, that twist and chop with every use. The blades aren't sharp, but they help break the meat apart.
I use it on ground beef and turkey. I usually brown 3-4 pounds at a time. I put it in a large sauce pan on the stove , brown it, rinse it and then freeze it in 1 pound packages.
The Mix and Chop lets me cook up those larger quantities at one time and when it's done, it's nice and fine.
So - the next time you get invited to a Pampered Chef party, that's my recommendation on what to get!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a few items from Pampered Chef but it's been awhile since I've been to a party. Your new gadget looks like fun. I am a sucker for gadgets! By the way, Your little blog is so pretty and pleasant!

Connie said...

I have quite a few items from Pamper Chef but not this one. I use a hand chopper which works really well.

Brenda said...

I like Pampered Chef. My favorite is the chopper. Someone gave me a pizza stone which I loved. Then I accidentally left it sitting on top of the stove and didn't realize the burner was on. The loud CRACK scared ME to death. Cracked it in 4 pieces. :(

Mari said...

Pam - thanks for stopping and for your sweet compliment! I'm hoping you see this here, because I have no other way to contact you. :)

Aritha V. said...

Never seen this!

LL Cool Joe said...

I can't see me going somehow but I wouldn't mind employing a chef! :D

Anonymous said...

I would love to have one of these.

Pat said...

Now that's a handy kitchen tool!

Hootin Anni said...

Sounds like one awesome kitchen tool. I always use a dinner fork when breaking up and browning turkey.

And Mari, I LOVE the idea of browning and freezing portions of what you've done....I'm gonna do that from now on. Any timesaver is a great idea. Even for those of us who don't work outside the home.

Sharon said...

I have several pamper chef items but I have not seen this one.
I really like their potato peeler.
I like your timesaver tip also. I will have to try that.
Hugs

Terri said...

you gave that to me last year and i absolutely love it. i use it all the time!

Jenny said...

Their products are excellent and that is a gerat idea. I have a good friend who sells PC and I just may order one of those from her! Looks like a winner! Thanks, Mari.

Karen said...

I have some Pampered Chef favorites, but haven't seen this one. So glad -- an excuse to go to another PC party:)

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

I have two...one for meat and another for this adult frozen drink I make in a huge Tupperware bowl. It's perfect to break up the slush to put in cups.

Marsha Young said...

I have heard of Pampered Chef parties, but I have never been to one. I have, however, BEEN one from time to time. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation!

Jean said...

I hope I remember this! I love my Pampered Chef items, but do not have this.