Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cooking Thursday

Sandra is back, hosting cooking Thursday for us. Stop over at her place for more recipes.

I have the most amazing recipe to share with you. I saw this bread recipe on Pinterest and it promised a loaf of homemade bread, done in one hour from start to finish. This intrigued me and I had to try it. It only took about an hour and 10 minutes to make, and it was so good! I'm actually making it again on Thursday night. You have to try this!



Best Bread Ever

10 1/2 cups white bread flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon salt
3 rounded tablespoons fast rising yeast
1/3 cup oil
4 cups hot tap water

Mix dry ingredients, add oil and water. Mix for one minute and check consistency. If dough is too dry, add a little water. Dough should be very sticky. Mix for 5 minutes. (Do not add flour to dough after mixing) Spray counter and loaf pans with Pam. Shape loafs and place into pans. Cover with dish towel and let rise for about 30 minutes. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Makes 4 loaves.

*If using a KitchenAid, half the recipe and make 2 loaves.

For whole wheat bread, use whole wheat flour, and replace 1 cup of flour with applesauce, add 1 tablespoon of oil and mix for 10 minutes.

12 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Oh oh....another downfall of will power here....I can feel it.

But, I will have to cut this recipe in quarters 'cause I don't want to make 4 loaves at once. I wouldn't be able to fit through the door. I have no stability when it comes to homemade bread.

Yum.

Jenny said...

Duly copied! I know Audrey will love this (we're the bread hounds of the family) so I'm sending it to her as well. Thanks as usual, Mari! I love me some Cooking Thursday on Mari's Little Corner!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh my goodness, it looks marvelous sweetie. I swear, I can almost smell the aroma of fresh baked bread.

I'll be right over with some fresh strawberry jam! Heehehehe!

I've copied the recipe...thanks!

God bless ya my friend and have an amazin' Easter!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this recipe! I love good bread!

Sandra said...

Love Homemade bread and I've bookmarked this one to try :)

Pat said...

I am making this, and I can't wait! I might even do it tomorrow.
Do you think they will freeze well? That's what I plan on doing with the extra loafs.

Sharon said...

Oh that looks so good and I can just imagine it with some butter and jelly on it hot from the oven.
I will have to give it a try for sure.
Happy Easter
Hugs

Sarah said...

One word ... YUMMY!

I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. THis looks like a refreshing place to wade into all things good.

Splasing,
Sarah

Betsy Brock said...

wow...that is fast! The texture looks wonderful, too! I'm bookmarking this! thanks, mari!

Angie said...

This looks good. I will have to give it a try! Thanks.

Unknown said...

I will share this with my Mama. She loves making bread.

Betsy Brock said...

yum!

I've come to see Ruby photos, though! :)